Monday, September 10, 2012

Patience is a Virtue and I'm not very Virtuous...

This is going to be short but probably not sweet!  I'm typing with only my left hand while my right is in a cast. Long story short - had a small ganglion cyst on right wrist that was causing me grief surgically removed last week, put in cast for a week as cyst was on joint and important it is immobilized while healing.  Casts are NO FUN!  I can't imagine having one for 6 weeks or longer.  I have new found sympathy for cast wearers and I can't wait to get this thing off.  I feel utterly useless and helpless.  My brain moves much faster than my left hand can type which I find super frustrating!  I can't wait till Wednesday!!

So with the surgery, recovery and an incredibly busy time at work, my poor blog is being neglected.  I do have some posts planned in the pipeline and more guest posts slotted for the upcoming weeks like a book review (can't WAIT to start reading it), a review of an exciting new treat available at DQ as well as becoming a contributor to the DQ Blog (my first post will be in early October).

I'm heading to Orlando, Florida next week for the annual Children's Miracle Network Celebration and I can hardly wait.  Last time I went I met and had my photo taken with one of CMN's founders, BO DUKE, um, I mean, John Schneider. He'll be there again this year along with his co-founder, Marie Osmond.  Cool! 


Me and John Schneider in 2010 (yes, he's freakishly tall and yes, I'm freakishly short!)


I'm also getting super excited to attend the She's Connected Conference in October. There is so much to learn and so many great people to meet, I am overwhelmed, in a good way, thinking about it! It's not too late to register if you haven't already.

On the home front, B seems to be off to a good start in Grade 11 (OMG) and will be part of the Crew for the school's musical production of Little Shop of Horrors. Can't wait to see it!  O starts a FREE Suzuki Music program in October that I am very excited about.  The children are going to be studied by a group of McMaster University researchers as well.  It should be fun, O loves music and loves to dance!

OK, that's enough of typing with one hand!  Over and out!


No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-47769148-1