Sunday, September 16, 2012

Happy National Guacamole Day!


It's no secret that I like to enter contests online.  I figure the few minutes of typing in a form are worth it if I happen to win something and lately it seems I've had a bit of a horseshoe up my you-know-what.  I've won four contests in the last few weeks, the first one being some free guacamole, a Diary of a Wimpy Kid DVD and some guac swag from Wholly Guacamole.  You may have seen their products in grocery stores lately - guacamole, salsa and avocado chopped and ready to use.  Yum! 




After winning this awesome prize I joined Wholly Guacamole's blogger group, the Guac Squad (see the I Heart Guac button over there <---- and down a bit?), and was so excited when I learned that September 16th was National Guacamole Day!  In case you haven't heard, I have a serious love of avocados and could eat guacamole every day!  

Although I have those awesome coupons for free guac, in honour of this day I am going to make my own.  I don`t follow a recipe, really, but the key is fresh ingredients.  Here`s what my guacamole is made of:

2 ripe (but not too ripe) Hass Avocados
Lime juice (a tablespoon, maybe two)
1 tomato, seeds removed and diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped (leaves only)
Sea salt

I advise to err on the side of caution with the lime juice, garlic and salt.  You can always add more to taste.  
The Guac and chips I made today! Chips are simply corn tortillas brushed with olive oil,
salted and baked on a cookie sheet for about 10 minutes.

If you aren`t up to making your own guacamole, Wholly Guacamole has a coupon for you (there's a link below the scissors for Canadians!).  Just click HERE


Happy National Guacamole Day!

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous10:54 AM

    Holy Guacamole!

    I just happen to have 3 avacados sitting on my counter. I think I will use your recipe and makes some today too! :)

    ReplyDelete

UA-47769148-1