Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Our Menu: Week of February 11 to 17


This week I tried four new recipes ,three of which I found on Pinterest (my newest obsession!). 


Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Black Olives and Feta
This was quick, easy and delicious! I would definitely make it again.  I used brown rice spaghetti and we had a salad with it.  Make sure to buy pitted Kalamata olives!
Click HERE for the recipe.

Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken with Red Beans and Rice
I am not a fan of coconut at all, but recipes with coconut milk are usually delicious, and these two didn’t disappoint!  I used chicken legs, but next time I'd use breasts.  Both recipes also call for a scotch bonnet pepper, but I used a jalapeno and it didn't add any heat at all.  I cooked this on a Sunday because the recipes were not quick and required more time and work than I have on a weeknight.  We had steamed asparagus and a salad with it.  Here are the links to the recipesChicken and Red Beans and Rice 

Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos and Steamed Green Beans
This was delicious!  I served the pork in corn tortillas with sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, tomatoes and green onions as toppings.  I used a pork loin and it was so tender and pulled apart easily. YUMMY!!!  Here’s the RECIPE.

Crockpot Honey Sauced Chicken
This is cooking right now as I type this and oooooh it smells good!  It tastes good too!  I had 2 chicken breasts and 4 chicken thighs in the freezer, so I put them all in the crock with this sauce.  The recipe says to cut the chicken into bite-size pieces, but I shredded it with a fork.  We`ll have it over rice with some steamed broccoli and a salad.  Click HERE for the recipe. 

Spaghetti with Italian Sausage and Salad
I try not to make pasta more than once a week, but I wanted something quick and easy for Friday night, so pasta it was!  I cook up some Italian sausages (hot or mild), cut them up into bite size pieces when they are cooked and put into some pasta sauce.  Again, brown rice spaghetti and a salad complete this meal.

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-47769148-1