Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Chance made us Sisters, Hearts made us Friends

My Sister

My sister is my heart.
She opens doors to rooms
I never knew were there,
Breaks through walls
I don't recall building.
She lights my darkest corners
With the sparkle in her eyes.

My sister is my soul.
She inspires my wearied spirit
To fly on wings of angels,
But while I hold her hand
My feet never leave the ground.
She stills my deepest fears
With the wisdom of her song.

My sister is my past.
She writes my history
In her eyes I recognize myself,
Memories only we can share.
She remembers, she forgives
She accepts me as I am
With tender understanding.

My sister is my future.
She lives within my dreams
She sees my undiscovered secrets,
Believes in me as I stumble
She walks in step beside me,
Her love lighting my way.

My sister is my strength
She hears the whispered prayers
That I cannot speak
She helps me find my smile,
Freely giving hers away
She catches my tears
In her gentle hands.

My sister is like no one else
She's my most treasured friend
Filling up the empty spaces
Healing broken places
She is my rock, my inspiration.
Though impossible to define,
In a word, she is...my sister.

3 comments :

  1. okay, you two are going to have to stop this, I'm sobbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:26 AM

    Ok, so that made me cry ... you know the history .. if things ever change, I would send that to MY sister ... Thanks for sharing

    Love Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:27 AM

    If I could say this to my own sister ... thanks for sharing ..

    ReplyDelete

UA-47769148-1